Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Photo of a Photo


This is a photo I made of an 8X10 photo that my brother Jake has in his house. I actually think this picture looks better than the original one up in his place.
Did you notice how I said, "a photo I made" instead of a "photo I took"? I think it is interesting that most people who love photography say I 'made' this photo, instead of saying I 'took' this photo. I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you really do take the time to think about the photo, adjust your camera accordingly, and edit the photo, then you really have 'made' the photo rather than just 'took' one.
What do you think?

5 comments:

The Traditional Plastic said...

your camera made it...you were just smart enough to push the right buttons. you manipulated your camera enough for it to make the image...you created the opportunity for the art to be made...

The Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jake said...

My camera is still smarter than me, and I'm just pushing buttons like when you first play a fighting game on nintendo 64 and just push random buttons and hope you get the right combination every once and a while.

Drake Brookfield said...

haha...jake that is hilarious!

Shelby Abbott said...

I think you might be drinking anti-freeze.